Holistic Kidney works in accordance with the Principles of Naturopathic Medicine:
- First, do no harm; provide the most effective health care available with the least risk to patients at all times (primum non nocere).
- Recognize, respect and promote the self-healing power of nature inherent in each individual human being. (Vis medicatrix naturae).
- Identify and remove the causes of illness, rather than eliminate or suppress symptoms (Tolle Causum).
- Educate, inspire rational hope and encourage self-responsibility for health (Doctor as Teacher).
- Treat each person by considering all individual health factors and influences (Treat the Whole Person).
- Emphasize the condition of health to promote well-being and to prevent diseases for the individual, the community and our world (Health Promotion, the Best Prevention).